Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve~~A story of my Kids

Happy New Years Eve! I went to the store to grab a few things for the informal, I don't think anyone will show up party we are having tonight. I took Emma with me because she is my shopper. She loves to go to the store regardless of what kind of store it is. I also needed milk and some water softener salt so that was my main purpose. I braved the roads after the 6 inches of snow we got last night and it wasn't really all that bad. Some roads were a bit slippery but I was fine and didn't slide off the road at all.

Now John was here with the other two kids. I love having him home for a few extra days. It is nice to have two parents during the day so I can get some things done. John is a great husband who loves to keep the house looking nice, kids happily playing and me from shoveling snow too much.

I got home and sent Emma in the house so I could get the groceries. What did I see when I opened the door? Let me show you!



Yes John, my wonderful husband, has made the coolest indoor fort ever! He cracks me up with his over the top creations sometimes! Like the time he made a hamburger patty out of 1 pound of ground beef. It was as big as the 12 inch plate.

He also read to the kids while in the fort. There is a hand scanning device as well so that you can get into the fort. Clever boys!





After taking the pictures of the fort I asked him where Rachel was. "Is she upstairs sleeping?" I ask. "I guess" was his reply. Ok I should have caught the cluelessness in that reply, but I didn't. After searching every room upstairs including closets and bathrooms and NOT finding my youngest child; I head back downstairs to ask John what really did happen to our 3 year old.

This is where we found her. I guess that Mormon Doctrine is a bit much for a three year old to take in and not fall asleep. Incidentally, this happens to be her favorite book. She will pull this one out all the time and "read" it to me.





Gotta love my kids (all 4 of them)

No comments: