Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation

I had my vacation. Granted it was to the hottest place on earth (ie Phoenix Arizona) but it was very nice this last week with temps getting no higher than 95 the entire week. We went down to Barbara's (John's oldest sister) house for two weddings. Brian and Ashlee got married in the Mesa Temple on Wednesday and Michael and Anna got married on Thursday. They were both nice, but just between you and me I like the reception of Mikes better, cause they had a chocolate fountain and a white chocolate fountain and pretzels and some of the tastiest strawberries I have had in a while.

I was able to visit my cousins who live in Gilbert and we had a fun time talking. I can't wait to see them all in a month at the Andersen Family Reunion. We were also able to just relax without having to do much of anything.

Oh and on friday we went to the most wonderful pool! it was in a cousins backyard (no not my cousins, but I would love to be part of that family!) but holy cow that was a pool!!!

It had a wading area for the little kids and then there was the rock water slide, grotto, waterfalls and hot tub. It was so much fun to play in the pool. The deepest part was about 8 feet deep so it was plenty deep for the "boys" do do their Cannon balls. (yes that was a play on words)


Rachel, Emma and Logan all had a blast in the water, something I thought was impossible since emma freaks out when we actually get into the pool. She doesn't like to get the water on her head because of her fear of drowning. Have I mentioned that Emma is destined to be kidnapped or killed? She is fearless! Never concerned about where I am in relation to her (she has wandered the Super Walmart by herself, with joy.) and she has freaked me out on cliffs, ledges, near water, streets, you name it, she has gotten too close, gone too fast or hasn't stopped so many times I am still amazed she is still alive.

Anyway back to the topic, Emma went down the slide with her daddy! She was under water for about 4 seconds and once she and daddy came up, she was a bit frightened, but she was telling me all about how she held her nose when she went under water 5 seconds later! She almost went a second time!

Logan of course had a blast since his cousins were there to help him play. He had Caden and Tricia who are 6 and Atticus who is 8 to help him be the goofy kid he is. They were all over the pool acting like zombies or submarines. They just had a blast is all I can say.

On the way home we caravan'd with Jim and Keri and then stopped at Navajo bridge. It was over the colorado river in arizona. We got out and let the kids wander around for a bit.




As you can see I too enjoyed getting out of the car for a bit too.







No comments: