Sunday, October 24, 2010

Living on the Moon

Once upon a time I lived in Happy Valley. It was happy. It was a valley. It was near to all my family and we all got along. Singing songs while holding hands around town was a common occurrence. I'm pretty sure that is where all things good come from, this magical happy valley.

Then I got married and moved to Sin City. If anything bad happened on the news, it was in Sin City. That kid that died from child abuse, it was down the street. The drive by shooting? Yeah that was about 3 miles away. Oh and the house fire that killed someone you ask, why yes I knew the family and my kids played at the park with that someone.

We outgrew our house and needed something bigger. Well being that Sin City is a very expensive place to live and that Happy Valley was a bit too far from work and even more expensive, we decided it was best to move to the Moon. Now don't get all excited, the moon is really a rather nice place to live. I can feel good about my kids playing outside. My 6 year old can walk to his friends house down the street and I don't have to watch to make sure that no one kidnaps him. I can see the stars really well from the Moon. I mean I didn't know there were that many stars! Wow!

We have a Wal-Mart. A SUPER Wal-mart. Well what else would you expect to be here on the moon anyway? A Nordstrom's? I could use a few other options for my shopping pleasure, but it doesn't take that long to get back to Sin City so if I really need something that the "great and terrible" doesn't have I can head back down to earth.

Now I love living here on the Moon. I keep trying to get people to move out here so we have more friends and family near by, but they keep telling me its too far away. That is in fact one of the only reasons living on the Moon is not so great. I can't get anyone to come and visit. Well some do because I am just too awesome to pass up, but most make up excuses or just tell me strait up that we live on the MOON! Duh it would take all day to come and visit!

I get it, really I do. That is one of the reasons I like living on the Moon so much, because it is nice and out of the way. Quiet and calm where I can sit on my porch and watch the stars and the freight trains that pass by everyday. So in the end don't be afraid of taking a trip to the dark side of the Moon. You might just find there are some really nice people living there.

No comments: